For the Injured And For A Safer Iowa
Amber J. Haberl
- Medical Malpractice
- Medical Malpractice - Plaintiff
- Motor Vehicle Accidents - Plaintiff
- Personal Injury - Plaintiff
- Products Liability Law
- Litigation & Appeals
- Sexual Abuse
Amber is a trial lawyer born and raised in Iowa.
From a very young age Amber has been interested in the law. In fact, from age 12 she knew she wanted to be a lawyer. Her D.A.R.E. program essay was about her dream of becoming a lawyer. Her love of the law started in sixth grade when she was introduced to Mock Trial. From that point forward Amber participated in Mock Trial, internships at different law firms, and focusing her education around her dream of becoming a lawyer.
After obtaining her B.A. at Drake University in Des Moines, Iowa, Amber decided to become a “Drake for Lifer” and obtain her law degree from Drake University Law School where she graduated with high honors. While obtaining her legal degree, Amber gained experience in the areas of medical malpractice, family law, personal injury, and agricultural law.
During her time in Law School, Amber was involved in a number of activities and held leadership positions in those activities: Associate Editor of Drake’s Journal of Agricultural Law, Executive Council of Drake’s Environmental and Agricultural Law Association, and Team Captain of Drake’s TYLA Mock Trial Team. She was also involved in Delta Theta Phi, a Drake Law Ambassador, Blackstone Inns of Court Student Member, and a Writing Fellow.
When Amber is not spending her time working, she enjoys spending time with friends and family, being in the great outdoors, and attending yoga classes.
- Iowa, 2020
- Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa
- J.D. - 2020
- Honors: High Honors
- Drake University , Des Moines, Iowa
- B.A. - 2017
- Honors: President’s List (six semesters), Dean’s list (two semesters); Departmental Honors, Mortar Board National Honor Society
- Minor: Law, Politics, and Society
Classes & Seminars
- Blackstone is for the Dogs – Blackstone Inns of Court, 2019
- Iowa Association for Justice/Iowa Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2020 to Present
- American Association for Justice/Association of Trial Lawyers of America, Member, 2020 to Present
- Iowa State Bar Association, Member, 2020 to Present
- Polk County Bar Association, Member, 2020 to Present
- Polk County Women Attorneys
Drake University Law School AAJ Mock Trial Coach
- Student Attorney, Civil Practice Clinic, Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa, 2020
- Member, Texas Young Lawyers Association (TYLA) Mock Trial Team, Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa, 2018-2020
- Team Captain, Texas Young Lawyers Association (TYLA) Mock Trial Team, Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa, 2019-2020
- Associate Editor, Drake Journal Agricultural Law, Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa, 2019-2020
- Legal Writing Fellow, Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa 2018-2020
- Honors Judicial Extern, Iowa Court of Appeals, Fall 2019
- Junior Staffer, Drake Journal Agricultural Law, Drake University Law School, Des Moines, Iowa, 2018-2019
- Gislason & Hunter, File Clerk, 2015-2017
- Iowa Middle School Mock Trial Judge, Volunteer, 2014 to Present
- Iowa High School Mock Trial Judge, Volunteer, 2014 to Present