Will My Doctor Be Sued?

Many people develop close and trusting relationships with their physicians. They come to depend on their physicians to provide personal counsel as well as medical care and advice.

What to do then, if you have been harmed by a defective medical device implanted by your doctor or a medication that he or she prescribed? What will happen to your relationship with your doctor? Will you have to sue your doctor? Can you continue to be treated by that doctor?

Providing Vigorous Representation and Understanding Counsel

At Galligan Reid PC, we frequently counsel our clients regarding these and other issues. While each case is unique, in the vast majority of instances, a lawsuit involving a defective drug or medical device does not affect the doctor-patient relationship.

If you have been harmed by a defective medical device or drug, the attorneys at Galligan Reid PC are here to serve you. In a free consultation, we can answer your questions, describe the legal process and explain your rights.

Will My Doctor Be Sued?

In a case involving a defective medical product, the answer to this question is almost always no. Harm stemming from a defective medical device or drug is usually the fault of the manufacturer, not the surgeon or prescribing physician. In fact, in many of these cases, doctors are as much the victims as their patients. They were misled by claims made by the manufacturers or the failure of the manufacturers to properly identify potential safety problems with their products.

If your case does go to trial, it is highly unlikely that you will have to testify in court against your doctor. In fact, your doctor can become a key player on your side, because he or she can provide compelling testimony about the harm and injuries you suffered.

Seeking Full Compensation for Victims of Defective Medical Products and Drugs

Galligan Reid PC in Des Moines, Iowa, is committed to helping victims of corporate negligence rebuild their lives. In your case, our lawyers will work hard to hold the device or drug manufacturer responsible, and to obtain the best possible settlement or jury award for you.

Contact Our Firm

For a free consultation about a defective drug or medical device case, contact Galligan Reid PC.